September 04, 2014

Review: Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3 by Whitney Gracia Williams


I hate him…

I hate that I fell in love with him, I hate that he didn’t love me back, and I hate the fact that I just made a life-altering decision just so I could get the hell away from him.

He’d always said that he was unchangeable, heartless, and cold…

I really should’ve believed him…














MY REVIEW


Reasonable Doubt: Volume 3 by Whitney Gracia Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 I wish there was more STARS


Sigh. Andrew and Aubrey. Oh, how I missed you. I really did. But then I had to re-read the old books after all...because I somehow forgot what happened. Anyway...you were finally here...but it didn't last very long, did it?

So, after becoming 'friends' online, lying to each other a little bit, suddenly becoming co-workers and having some of the hottest office sex ever, these two enter into the final chapter of their whirlwind romance in Reasonable Doubt Vol.3.

”Do you believe in reasonable doubt, Mr Hamilton?”


Where to begin?

Oh, Andrew. He has issues. I love to start my reviews with this particular phrase, it usually doesn't bode well for all involved and gives me something to giggle and complain about. His past caught up with him and stirred some unwanted fears which in return brought up all his insecurities (or I guess that is what that is supposed to be) and made him kick out poor Aubrey.

To say that I was shocked about his overall assholishness would be a huge understatement. Andrew is a world class dick, but unfortunately a loveable one.

And as luck would have it his girl has some mad forgiveness skills...well not after giving him some hell back, but still...Aubrey sure has a high tolerance for bullshit.

”You would have to be me to take you back, Andrew. Fucking beg me.”


I was cheering when she finally pulled the plug and took her life into her own hands and not just to deal with Andrew, but also her god-awful parents. You really don't need enemies when you have friends/family like that.

Yes, Andrew is an asshole, but for me finally seeing where he came from and what he lost made all the difference in the world. I would have been very surprised if he had been able to have a normal relationship after that kind of betrayal and deception. He has issues he needs to acknowledge and deal with and if he decides at some point that he wants that sexy ballet dancer back...well, he will have to work for it, right?


Aubrey always felt a little indecisive and weak to me, but she finally grew into her own in this instalment and it was marvellous to witness. She is one strong character and I love, love, love that she is a ballerina. I used to dance ballet and I had to give it up after an accident and this book hits me right in the feels that way. *sniffs*

”I liked you as ‘Thoreau’, but I love you as Andrew.”


I loved Reasonable Doubt Vol.3. We finally get some answers, a lot of heartache, bad timing and questionable decision making. You know I'm always here for that kind of thing.

Prepare for a very emotional read and a little less sexy time, but I can assure you will be very satisfied regardless. To me the conclusion for Andrew and Aubrey's story felt absolutely right and I wouldn't have it any other way. Deal with it!


**short and sweet, sorry...I've got no time, a headache and I'm tired ;P

No comments

Post a Comment

+up