May 18, 2015

Review: Unblocked - Episode One (Timber Towers Series) by Marni Mann


Title: Unblocked - Episode One
Author: Marni Mann
Series: Timber Towers #1
Genre: contemporary romance, erotica
Derek Block seeks revenge. Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can't cross begin to blur. Things start heating up as real estate gets real…

This is the first episode of a five-episode novella series.








Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Unblocked - Episode One by Marni Mann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 very promising STARS


“I wanted pink ivory, something rare and special and exclusive. Not just as the agent in my building. I wanted to run my hands over her, taste her, feel my tip open her up and let me inside her wet snugness.”


Holy hotness. Hot, hot, hot.


My kindle was burning up. Not even kidding. But the fun fact...I'm already on book #2 and it's even hotter. I don't even know how to handle that information.

Ok, let's cool down for a second. This was my very first Marni Mann book and I can honestly say I'm a fan now. Not only does she have a way with words but she can write some very scorching chemistry. I mean we are basically talking about 109 pages of foreplay and I'm still invested.

Part one of the Timber Tower Series was the biggest tease, filled up with the most unresolved sexual tension I have had the fortune to witness. Just when you think some relieve is around the corner she pulls the rug from under your feet.

“I’d never been handcuffed or spanked, but when he spoke, when his gaze traveled over my body, I felt like he was doing both, with his mouth…with his eyes.”


Ok, let's talk story. Because yes, there is a story. Get your head out of the gutter for a second and listen.

Frankie Jordan is a real estate agent. She works for her father's firm Jordan International and she has done so since she was a little girl. Moving up the latter and learning the business one step at a time. Frankie is a very determined and collected business woman at the top of her game.

Nothing can rattle that perfect exterior, or so she thought. Frankie is thrown off her game the first moment she meets Derek Block. The developer is looking for an agent to sell units in his newly built and very sought after Timber Towers and Ms. Jordan is competing for the job.

Let's just say their initial meeting/job interview is riddled with sexual tension and there is some insane inst-lust going on. It's almost hilarious how both their thoughts just go SEX, SEX, SEX! Mind you, I don't complain...just stating facts!

Derek is nothing like the men Frankie is normally attracted to. She usually goes after well put together and cleanly shaven pretty boys. Mr. Block with his flannel shirts and scruff seems almost raggedy in comparison. But maybe that's what the girl needs, a real man...if only she could have him?! Because both don't want to mix business with pleasure...

“As painful as it was going to be, I had to wait.

But the moment the last unit was sold, she'd be my reward.”


Painful? You have no idea. Is there such a thing as lady blue balls? Maybe exploding ovaries?


I can tell you there are sub-plots being developed involving ex-boyfriends, possibly corrupt but definitely evil developers and a lot of scheming and crazy shenanigans, but honestly...who cares at this point, I just want them to fuck. Yeah, I said it. Just do it already.

That is all I have to say for now. I just want to go back enjoy Unblocked - Episode Two.

The Timber Towers series has 5 parts and at this point 3 have been published. This is not a standalone!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up