May 22, 2015

Review: Unblocked - Episode Two (Timber Towers Series) by Marni Mann


Title: Unblocked - Episode Two
Author: Marni Mann
Series: Timber Towers #2
Genre: erotica, contemporary romance
One taste was all it took. Derek Block demands more. Frankie Jordan wants to run. Pleasure complicates business. But some passion is just too hard to resist. Things are getting hotter as real estate gets real…. This is Episode Two of the five-episode Timber Towers novella series.










Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Unblocked - Episode Two by Marni Mann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 scorching STARS


“He got me to beg, even when begging was so out of character; he made me want more of him, even when I didn’t think my body could take it.

He freed me, from the inside out.”


WOW.

I'm legit speechless and VERY turned on...sorry for the TMI, but if you don't need a cold shower after reading this I don't know ...something must be wrong with you.

So if Episode One was foreplay, Unblocked - Episode Two would be the ultimate climax. There is not a lot of plot development, only a little glimpse at possible future conflicts here and there. But that's not a bad thing, because everything I've been waiting for in Episode One came true and then some. Frankie and Derek cross some professional boundaries and give in to some very risqué behaviour.

And the risk is well on the side of the hearts and maybe broken beds. ;D


Complete satisfaction is what you get here. Well, that is until the ending happened. What the hell was that? Drama baby.

“When I tie you up and lick every inch of your body, things like whether I’m wearing flannel or a ten thousand dollar suit aren’t going to matter. You won’t be aware of anything other than my tongue. I promise.”


But I regress. Where are we at?

Episode Two picks up right where we left off. Frankie and Derek are still at a business event/party and have to deal with some people they would rather ignore. In the end Frankie escapes and heads home.

After that, there is some hefty flirting going on both in person, via mail and in the form of presents. And don't even get me started on the dinner that ended up against an alley wall. HAWT DAMN!

It's pretty much a dance between Frankie and Derek and I don't think I'm spoiling anything when I tell you it leads to the good stuff. *wink wink* It's inevitable, right?

But in the end they are in a mutually beneficial business relationship and some lines can't be uncrossed and could lead to some major trouble down the line. That's why:

“In spite of telling her I wanted to keep things physical, I hadn't mentioned my one night, one morning rule.”


Well...I guess it's the logical thing to do, but good luck with that. For now, I guess we should look on the bright side?!


Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! I'm rooting for both of you.

“You're more rare and far more wonderful than anything I have ever touched.”


You know those novella serials where at some point you get so fed up with the sex and you skip those scenes and power through to collect titbits of plot?

This is NOT one of them. Marni Mann has a way of keeping the carrot out of reach just long enough so you have to hold on and read until it's over. The writing sucks you in and spits you out at the end and then you'll be scrambling to buy the next instalment.

Seriously. While I'm writing this I'm half way done with the next book. No kidding.

*sigh*

And after that I'm in unpublished limbo. Damn. This series is highly addictive.

Well done. I'm going to add Timber Towers to my fave-series shelf. Wohoooo!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up