October 29, 2015

TBT#4 - Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Its ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬.....which means I get to post my old reviews again and this week it's my favorite Lux series. A PNR series so addicting it was almost painful to wait for the next book to be out since it always ends with major cliffhangers. Action packed, hilarious, suspense, romance, bickering and full of suprises! it indeed was a Epic read. Did you know its going to be on big screen soon?? 


Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Genre: paranormal, romance, young adult

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW



Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SURPRISE, SURPRISE. .

Did not expect this book to be so interesting. .

First half of the book is soooo boring where Katy discovers she is a mutant/hybrid and still denying her feelings for Daemon then enters Blake new guy befriends Katy, discovers her ability and helps her to control as he himself is a mutant/hybrid.

Almost half the book was only about–School-training-Daemon hating Blake-Daemon trying to win the bet-diner-school-training-blogging-Katy & daemon having argument-lying-school-avoiding friends-training-Daemon not trusting Blake-school-training-Katy staring at Daemon.

Grrrrrr.....

But once Katy sees Bethany alive she starts researching. What she finds out shatters her world. Everything she believed and everyone she trusted betrayed her and she was watched and played all along. It’s too late for her to warn everyone or keep them safe and finally unpredictable happens. It’s obvious to blame Katy or question her judgement for not trusting Daemon but she was right in a way, all she wanted to do was be powerful enough to save herself and blacks and to prove that she is not weak human anymore.

I went from skipping pages to actually re reading every sentence towards the end, the story was so captivating and intense. I was happy to see more of Daemon and seeing from his POV for little bit, It was amazing to see how Daemon and Katy relationship grew over the period of time. Even though they were at each other’s throat, there was this undeniable attraction between the two, their hotness is all over the place. I’m starting to love them.
“How can you still want me?” I said. Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. “Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I’m insane. You’re crazy. Maybe that’s why. We just make crazy together.” 

No comments

Post a Comment

+up