May 05, 2016

TBT #31 - Review: Epilogue (The Dark Duet #3) by C.J. Roberts


★TBT #31★
Brace yourself for this weeks ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬ as I bring to CJ Roberts The Dark Duet Series. I loved this compelling series to my very core, it was dark, disturbing, romantic, messed up; in short, an EPIC love story on every level. 


Title: Epilogue
Author: C.J. Roberts
Series: The Dark Duet #3
Genre: dark, erotica, contemporary romance

I'm writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well. Who am I? Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves. She loves me. It's quite sick, isn't it? Of course, there's more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I'm at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you're reading this, I don't need to make those justifications. You've already made your own. You're reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again. It didn't happen exactly as Livvie said. She's been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more...complicated.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Epilogue by C.J. Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"3 sexy stars"

Anything to do with Livvie, Caleb and C J Roberts I absolutely love and Epilogue was no exception. Yes! I realize I rated it ‘3 stars’ not because I hated it or it was boring but the author is to blame here, Yes Mrs Roberts I blame you if my future dark/angst/romance reads fall short because you have created one of the best scintillating story of love, betrayal, faith and survival in ‘Seduced in the Dark’ which will forever be my top favorite.
“I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging” 
This is a prolonged epilogue to an already written one in book 2 of this series said from Caleb’s POV. It’s a detailed version of their reunion after one year of separation.

Livvie even after moving to different country realizes her feelings for Caleb has not changed, she never moved on from the day he left without so much of saying how he feels or if he’s ever going to meet her again. Buried in his misery due to aftermath of betrayal from Rafiq and killing his only family, Caleb moves around the world righting his wrong in a path of salvation but never finds it as he knows it lies with his kitten. Almost after a year Caleb tracks down Livvie and sends her a note to meet him, but their reunion doesn’t go as expected. Livvie does miss him though she is not the same girl who obeys him or cling to him for her survival, it leaves Caleb to save their relationship and be a better man for Livvie and win her heart, gain her trust by loving her back.

Caleb tries hard alright! He does everything in his power to make things work out for them but it’s not as easy as he first thought. Even when love brought them together there are so many things that can rip them apart. Livvie finds it hard to trust him since he once broke her heart and left her to face their reality alone. There is part of her which always fears him, sees him as a monster he once was. Caleb never had a normal life but living with Livvie made him to see different shades to life, he’s still struggling with the demons of his past but also embraces his new found happiness and life to normalcy with Livvie and he has no intention to let it go. The only way for them to move forward is to let go the memories of their old life, make new one’s and be true to their feelings for one another.
“I found redemption.
I found forgiveness.
I found love.
- Caleb”
 
Rating clarification-There was no drama no angst and no Caleb’y allure to his new persona and I missed him terribly. James on other hand was thoughtful, sweet, funny and ‘best boyfriend’ as Sophie would say. There was a detailed account of day to day activities which was quite a drag and most of the times I felt these two characters are totally different from one’s we have come to know and love.

That being said, I still enjoyed this most deserved ending for Livvie and Caleb. And I’m so glad the author gave it from Caleb’s POV, we knew his dilemma from past two books but being in his head makes you see his struggle and understand his conflict very well. I seriously didn’t expect him to be so damn witty and funny, I loved their banters, their cute romantic moments and the very first birthday Caleb ever celebrated was heart touching. I have to say this since it occupies major part of the book-“SEX” is like freaking HOT and that was the only time I got to see control freak, dominating, horny badass side of Caleb, gladly the author didn’t try to overshadow the story by filling it with sex scenes.
“Once upon a time I saved Livvie. She’s been saving me ever since.” 
This is the story of second chance, healing, living and loving, a perfect conclusion to the perfect love story.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up