February 18, 2016

TBT#20 - Review: Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3) by Pepper Winters


★TBT #20★
Making its appearance on this week's #ThrowbackThrusday is Monsters in the Dark series by Pepper Winters​. My first ever experience on the darker side of romance, and it totally blew my mind! The whole series was like a roller coaster ride of my feelings, it was terrifying yet full of hope and passionate love.



Title: Twisted Together
Author: Pepper Winters
Series: Monsters in the Dark #3
Genre: contemporary, dark, erotica.

The highly anticipated conclusion to the Monsters in the Dark series.

“After battling through hell, I brought my esclave back from the brink of ruin. I sacrificed everything—my heart, my mind, my very desires to bring her back to life. And for a while, I thought it broke me, that I’d never be the same. But slowly the beast is growing bolder, and it’s finally time to show Tess how beautiful the dark can be.”

Q gave everything to bring Tess back. In return, he expects nothing less. Tess may have leashed and tamed him, but he’s still a monster inside.

** After surviving the darkness, a new dawn has begun. Twisted Together wades through black to grey, chasing the light of true love to banish the shadows forever. Pain is a requirement, connection a necessity. But ultimately Q and Tess must face their demons, before they can embrace their future. **



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Twisted Together by Pepper Winters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3-3.5 prolonged epilogue stars!!
*This review contains spoilers*

I know I’m in the minority here! To clarify my rating I’ve divided my review into three parts:

The good part: EPIC WEDDING. Just love the theme of their wedding “Angels & Demons”, not only did they get married in the traditional way but also for what they really are, minus the stripping!!

The bad part : I don’t know to be relived or annoyed for the little amount of darkness present in this story. After almost having mini heart attack reading Quintessentially Q, I was little (in fact more) petrified to read the third installment in this series, that’s how well Pepper winters write dark novel, but this was nothing but huge disappointment mostly BORING!!!

description

Nearly 50% of the story was only about-Q fixing Tess-I don’t deserve him- planning the wedding-I would do anything to save her-travelling-I need to mark her-throbbing cock-lying-hurting-my inner monster-loving-hating and crazy sex. I Love Tess and Q to the core, after the way how things ended I would love for nothing more than her to be FIXED with her fears from the mental torture and ride off into the sunset!! But seriously way too bore with inner monologues which were generously repetitive and very descriptive!! Don’t get me started with number of times they were professing their undying love!! If I wanted fluffy romance I would've read YA/NA not this..

description

Luckily the second half saved the story and restored my faith in pepper winters ability to drive you crazy with gut wrenching suspense!!

The weird part: How on earth did Q have stamina for hardcore-let’s-fuck-each-other's-brains-out-sex after literally being beaten to death, tortured with taser, with broken rib, bloody cuts and bruised face!!! Hell I couldn't even sit for longer than 5 minutes after excruciating tooth extraction let alone be horny!!

Final verdict:
Overall I loved the series so much. I love the way how Tess grew in every installment, she is fierce, strong and passionate. I love her for embracing Q for all the good and bad he is, for never giving up, for showing the ultimate courage in saving Q.
“My name is Tess Mercer. I’m no longer weak or afraid or broken. I've taken control of my fate. I no longer need a tower or dark angels or help. I am fear.” 
I don’t think anything I say is enough to justify the monstrous beauty that is‘Q Mercer’. If I was masochist Q would have been my ultimate BB, nevertheless I love and respect him for all that he is! Q was born into darkness, right from his childhood he’s had a dark twisted sensual urges but always managed to fight his inner beast, he was always scared of turning into his bastard of father but living a life of high morals and managed to save the slaves and give them a new life. I loved Q and Tess’s unconventional non-traditional love story, their love, desire, acceptance and commitment was something I've never heard before.
“We’re altered, we’re abnormal, our souls stained with each other’s mark. Our souls are that of monsters born in the dark.” 
Q lived and breathed power, when it came to saving Tess he did what no master/dom ever did-he gave control to Tess to hurt and torture him.
“I’m offering to be the one you take all that rage and pain out” 

No comments

Post a Comment

+up