May 19, 2016

TBT #33 - Review: The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reisz


★TBT #33★
This weeks on #‎ThrowbackThrusday‬‬ is the series which left me overwhelmingly speechless and in a puddle of emotions. I'm talking about the insanely AWESOME and my all time favourite The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz. Their story sucked me in from the very beginning, I loved, loathed, laughed, swooned, prayed and cried over these characters. I couldn’t stop thinking about them when I’m awake, I dream about them, lost my sleep, lost my appetite BUT I don’t regret single minute of it.



Title: The Siren
Author: Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners #1
Genre: bdsm, contemporary romance

Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she's sure it'll be her breakout book... if it ever sees the light of day.

Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards—in six weeks—or it's no deal.

Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining... and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous—staying away from him... or returning to his bed?

Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW



“4.25 THE BOMB stars”

Firstly I want to thank my lovely buddies Eda and Jasmine for being there for me in every stage of this crazy journey!♥♥

There are many awesome review’s out there which speaks the beauty of this story! Well, I’m going to use lot of Gif’s and quotes to express my emotions. It might contain spoilers so BEWARE!! Also my apologies in advance, since this is going to be a longer one!

Before I say anything let me take a moment to
description
Yes! I totally deserve it for not picking this holy book of erotica/S&M sooner!

Where do I start? There was no end to the awesomeness that is this book and if it was not for the unbelievable characters I wouldn’t have felt emotionally drained after reaching the last page.

Zachary
Nora: “God, I love a man with big vocabulary.”
Me: I loved that he was subtle, skeptical, loved the banters between him and Nora. The whole transition of his character was spectacular.

Wesley
Nora: “He made me feel human again…like the kind of person who could stay up too late watching stupid movies and talking.”
Me:
description

My baby boy!! His innocence, playfulness and cuteness captured my heart from beginning. He might look stupid to stay with Nora but he’s the only true friend she ever had and loved her for who she was.

Nora
Zach: “Nora….The siren and the goddess, the ship and the wine-dark sea.”
Griffen: “Nora’s not just some smut writer with the wild sex life. She’s the motherfucking queen of the Underground.”
Søren: “There are suicide bombers on the Gaza Strip who are less dangerous than you are.”

Me:
description

I fucking love this woman. The Siren!! The Bomb!! The Queen Bee♥♥
Never met anyone who is sexy, sassy, quirky, dangerous, wild, reckless, generous, feisty and fascinating as her!! I don’t mind going gay for her! Hell, I would let her have her way with me anywhere and everywhere *winks*

Søren
@ 11%

Eda: when you meet Søren...HOMG baby, prepare yourself to fall in love. HARD;)))
Me: I’m so excited to meet the legend!!!


@ 30%

Me: WHERE. IS. SØREN??!! I'm 130 pages in so far no sign of him *sobs* please tell me I got the wrong copy *sniffs*
Eda: He comes in @50% baby... And he comes in with a BOMB!!!
Jasmine: bahahaha. His grand entrance is @ 50% my dear.
Me: Let him appear already, I can’t contain my excitement!!


@ 34%

Nora: “Zach, Søren isn’t some boyfriend you have a fight with and then kiss and make up. He’s the invading army you surrender to before it burns your village down.”

@ 40%

Me:
description

@ 49%

Author: All play below had ceased at his presence. He strode down the staircase slowly, imperiously. The world stopped for him. The chaos on the floor fell silent. Everyone everywhere, Nora included, seemed to be holding their breath.
Me:

description

@50%

Author: If god himself was intimidated by this man, Zach wouldn’t have been surprised.
Me: I need a drink.


@95%

Me:
description

@97%

Me:
description

I know I’m the only one in the history of Siren fan club to say this, but Søren for me is not the epitome of true love! He’s meanest, dominating, egoistic bastard I’ve ever seen! I’ve met my share of sadistic assholes but Søren is the devil himself that guy….he just gives me the creeps! *shudders*

I think I lost some precious friends already *sobs* I tried very hard to love like him but he terrifies the hell out of me!! I promise I’ll read the next book with fresh pair of eyes that is, if he doesn’t Starr in my nightmare: p

Post Siren Trauma
description

Tiffany Reisz
description

I should hate you for making me not leave my room for the whole day, for skipping my dinner, for staying awake till 3 in the morning, and had me crying myself to sleep BUT I still Love you for writing this masterpiece. Bdsm is not a new genre for me but this was way darker and sinful than any other bdsm story I’ve read!! Very strong plot, complex characters, bitter sweet love, scorching sex and some thought provoking theology.

Rating clarification: for first 50% all I heard was Søren this! Søren that! Everyone from Nora’s past are glorifying their relationship, How they love each other so madly, they are meant to be yadda yadda yadda…...I wanted to live their love rather than being told, there were few flashbacks about their past but all I saw was a sadist part of Søren, Maybe that’s the reason I hate him!! I mean, he gifted

[a 15 year old virgin boy (hide spoiler)]
to her for their anniversary! Can he get any creepier?! In my defense I never got to see the lover side of him.

On other hand the only love I saw and relished was Wesley’s.
“It's not morning until you're awake. And it's not night until you're asleep in your bed under my roof. And I could go on and on but hope is a horrible thing, and I love you too much to give you any.” 
Call me a wuss for loving a Kid and not the god, this quote right here is why I love wes!
“When Søren touched her she became his. When Wesley touched her, she became herself.” 
Søren made Nora what he wants her to be, and Wes loved her despite the siren she is and that for me sealed the deal.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up