April 30, 2018

Review: Epoch (Transcend Duet #2) by Jewel E. Ann



Title: Epoch
Author: Jewel E. Ann
Series: Transcend Duet #2
Genre: contemporary romance

Some lives end unfinished, and some transcend time.

After a horrific incident, Swayze finds herself trapped between two lives. Patchy memories and fear for her own safety thrust her into a gut-wrenching journey to uncover the truth.

Will she let her dreams slip away to seek retribution and find the missing pieces to a puzzle that existed a lifetime ago?

“I’m not going to watch you self-destruct. I’m not going to watch you fall in love with another man.”

Or will she discover the only truth that matters?

Epoch pushes the boundaries of what we believe and what we know. It redefines fate and proves that the only thing separating the heart and the soul is an infinite timeline.

“I think a part of you will be mine to love in every life.”




Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


*spoilers if you haven’t read book #1*

After being totally blown away by Transcend I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the sequel. I was finally going to get answers to the lingering questions we had from the previous book and of course to find out if Swayze will end up with her perfect too-good-to-be-true boyfriend or the man who still holds her heart and soul in this life? But Epoch turned out to be a major let down for me. This is me being tough on the book or that I went in with a great expectation, either way, the story felt downright flat and pointless.

description

For the better part of the book, there was a lot of confusion, arguments, avoiding and all the drama you can find in a possible love triangle. I felt the story didn’t go any further from that, all the build-up from the previous book was for nothing. I expected for something concrete to happen, but all the while the plot kept dragging and scenes got repeated.

Pretty much everyone acted silly and immature expect Nate. The action and the consequences made no sense to me. Like for instance A)

I never got to know why Daisy went to the Lake in the first place?
Also, B)

Swayze for the better part of the story was adamant in finding more about Daisy’s death via hypnosis and she lost Griffin over it, in fact, nobody was happy about it. Turns out all this was for nothing as Doug was murdered (so unrealistic) and Nate asked the psychiatrist to lie about her hypnosis? (hide spoiler)] So, if my calculation is right the 85% of the story was nothing but a filler then?
And C)

I still couldn’t get over the fact Griffin left her. He wanted to move to a different city to keep her safe but when she refuses to go with him, he left anyway, why? His family was here, he wanted to leave for her safety and he just uprooted himself for what purpose?! Just to get away from her?
. This book has multiple POV, in some chapters we didn’t know whose thoughts I’m listening to until I was on page two or three. I would say this book is still work in progress and feels incomplete.

That being said, I still rated it 3 stars (which is still good enough for me) just for the beautiful poetic ending. The story for all its turmoil, the author justified the ending accurately. I am more than happy with whom she ends up with. It stands by the true meaning of love, that love has no boundaries nor requires any explanation and part of our soul is always bound to be loved by someone else.



No comments

Post a Comment

+up