August 19, 2014

Review: Show me, Baby by Cherise Sinclair


After his last lover chose her career over him, Jake knows he wants a woman who will put him at the top of her priorities—as he would with her. One of the trainees, Rainie, has caught his attention. Lush body, a gift for living life to the fullest, always laughing or smiling. Yeah. She trips all his switches. But she’s never given him a second look and that’s damned annoying.

Rainie has been burned enough times that she’s not going to get serious about any man. Sure, the BDSM club trainees are supposed to be looking for a permanent Dom, but no harm, no foul—they don’t need to know she lied. Trainees get to be involved in everything—and with everyone. But there’s one she avoids. Master Jake is always frowning at her. No matter how gorgeous he is, she doesn’t need any disapproving Dom up in her business.

Unfortunately, her best friends are having a double wedding. Little hearts are floating in the air. Every breath is filled with romance. Rainie is doomed.







MY REVIEW


Show Me, Baby: 1001 Dark Nights by Cherise Sinclair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 just be yourself STARS


Finally. Another Sinclair book and she delivered. Big time!!

Most important thing first: There a PUPPIES! Yes, puppies...so put down all other books and start reading this one...because puppies! I'm glad we got that out of the way...now to my review.

“Up there, wench. Sit on the edge and await my pleasure.”


After the last somewhat disappointing Shadowland book If Only I was so ready to get a good Sinclair book again and my prayers were heard. I went in not expecting too much, especially since Rainie and Master Jake weren't on my radar at all. Classic case of not knowing you needed something until you had it in your hands and didn't want to let go ever again. Yes, it was that kind of awesome read. :D I loved it from beginning to end. Read it in pretty much one sitting, while getting a nice little sunburn at the beach.


“God," she moaned."I usually suggest Sir or Master, but I suppose God is adequately respectful.”


Rainie Kuras is one of the Shadowland's trouble making trainees and she has been for a long time. Rainie has no illusions about her happily ever after and finding a permanent dom or even being in a relationship isn't high on her list of proprieties. Just recently she earned her MBA and right now she is working to get money and eventually find a well paying job far away from her hometown. Life has been cruel and disappointing for Rainie and taught her a long time ago that people have long memories and if she ever wants to be happy moving away and changing who she used to be is the way to go.

I wonder if that logic is bullet proof. ;P

”Sir, I’m a big woman and mostly I like that. But society can be……cruel.”


Jake Sheffield is a veterinarian, he served in the army and is of course one of the Masters at the Shadowlands. He has always kept Rainie in his sights, but for some unknown reason she has been avoiding him...until one morning she carries an injured puppy into the clinic he owns together with his best friend and fellow Shadowland Dom, Saxon.

And to be honest, I think seeing her out of the club might have sparked his curiosity, because soon after he oversees the trainees for one night and he starts playing with her...and boy do they play...*coughs* Jake has some pretty neat tricks up his sleeve and he speaks Pirate fluently. Not to mention that he sees right through Rainie’s bullshit. *sighs*

What follows is a beautiful friendship, lots of puppies and eventually more? OMG, could he be her HEA? Who knows? ;D



“I really enjoy your shape. You’re a fantastic playground……some playgrounds only have swing sets. I suppose that’s all right, but in my opinion, the more the better. As it happens, I like the ones with slides.” He nuzzled her stomach.“And jungle gyms.” Cupping her breasts he teased the nipples taut again, then rose to his feet………”and merry-go-rounds.” He kneaded her full buttocks before whispering to her ear,“The playground that is your body could keep me entertained forever.”


Yes, this book is cheesy as hell, and yes it made me feel warm and happy. So what? I've given up on judging a book by what I should think about it and just go with what my gut says and my gut is screaming to re-read Master Jake and Rainies's story.

Deal with it!




Here is a thing I love about the Shadowland Masters in general, they are non judgmental, they like women just the way they are and they won't stand for being self-conscious or hating your own body. That's such a good thing to read. Yes, Rainie is a big woman, but she is beautiful and she has a big heart and Jake wants her just the way she is. Haters gonna hate, but you have to live your own life...stand behind your choices and accept who you are, no matter what society tells you to be.

Oh, and did I mention... we get to see old friends, there is a bachelorette party and a of course a wedding Shadowland style. Master Z meddling with the people around him and calling them by their full names. It's all too good to be true.

Did I mention how much I love this series? Well, there you have it. :D

No comments

Post a Comment

+up