November 01, 2014

Review: Knight by Kristen Ashley


Anya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams.

Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight.

Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone.

Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him.

Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her.

But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean.

WARNING: This book is an ADULT EROTIC romance featuring an anti-hero. This novel contains explicit sex scenes and language. The hero in this novel lives a life by his own code with no apologies. He is not your "normal" hero. If you do not enjoy the above, this novel may not be for you.








MY REVIEW


Knight by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 ohhhhh yeah... daddy STARS




I'm sorry it took me a while to write this, but this was my first book by Kristen Ashley (yes, I know I'm late to the party...as usual) and I was struggling to write a review that would do this amazing book justice. So, I hope I accomplished this *cough*minor*cough* task...and for those of you who haven't read Knight...maybe I can give you a little incentive to finally pick it up. I really don't know what you are waiting for. Oh, the review...right. Let's start.

Warning: Domineering alpha-male ahead! ;D

“He might be scary but scary never eradicated hot.”

Anya has a problem. No scratch that, Anya has at least three problems. First, the party her friend dragged her to, is way too swank and her dress far too cheap and really the girl just wants to go home. Second problem...her best friend thinks she has found her golden goose and refuses to go home with Anya. Third...she needs to call a taxi, but her phone is dead.

Now, idem number four on my list can be viewed as a problem or the best coincidence of a lifetime. While searching for a working phone dear Anya stumbles upon Knight, the incredibly angry and scary looking piece of male hotness who, after being pissed that she invaded his bedroom, decides to give her a ride home...mostly against her will, but what's a girl to do?

Why lucky coincidence? Well, he brings her home safe, saves her the money for a taxi and he drives an Aston Martin. That's just something every girl has to experience in her lifetime and it's quite obvious that he will be the romantic interest, since we are talking about a romance novel...duh! Oh, and did I mention that he wants nothing in return...for now? Right, he is a real gentleman...sort of. So, what does it take? 'Cause Anya is a looker and he would agree. Granted he puts it in his own special way, but I think he likes what he sees.

“Babe, your clothes. Shit. But you work ‘em and you do because you’ve got one serious fantastic body, your hair is even better and your face is a face that launches a thousand hard-ons.”

Ultimately, Anya has to get into a precarious situation in Knight's night club for him to finally make his move and oh boy....'daddy' has some moves... and the rest is history, as they say. ;D

Well, it's not that easy and this is only the first few pages of the book, but I'm not willing to share much more. READ THE BOOK!


Anya Gage


Anya lost both her parents when she was seven years old. Everything after that was a struggle. She lived with her verbally abusive aunt and as soon as Anya was old enough she left and never looked back. Everything she owns, and that is very little, she has earned with hard work and determination. She works full time at an office, goes to beauty school at night and manages to squeeze in a few nail clients in her free time.

I really liked her as a heroin. She doesn't expect much out of life and everything she accomplishes or later on is gifted to her, she sees a blessing and she never takes anything for granted.

As one of her best friends Vivica would put it...she was dealt a shitty hand so far, but meeting Knight is the best thing that could happen to her. And Auntie Vivica is someone you need to listen to.

"No matter how bumpy the ride gets, listen to your Auntie Vivica, hold the fuck on."

She has the best advice and she has no problem to say it like it is. A true friend...seriously, everyone needs a friend like Vivica. But honestly, being with Knight isn't easy...he has secrets and Anya has to make a few concessions in order for this relationship to work.


Knight Sebring


Knight is a very successful business man, with a highly developed protective instinct. He owns one of the most popular clubs in the city and he drives an Aston Martin. That just tells you all you need to know about his financial status.

He is also a very secretive man who and I quote 'keeps his shit tight'. Why and how and what will be disclosed later in the book. Quite interesting story and I really think it fit very well with the character.

Knight is my ultimate book boyfriend. I'm still not sure how it happened, but I'm completely under his spell. He is one scary mother-fucker; he is in control all of the time and talks very little. And when something comes out of his mouth it's usually so wrong and at the same time right that I don't even know where my head is anymore.

“You don't need to like me to let me fuck you but since I like you, I'd prefer it that way.”

On top of that he is domineering as hell, a dirty talker and he is rough and awesome and I'm in love and all is good in the world...I just totally lost track...

Knight is also unapologetic about who he is, what he does and he has no need to change. I love that in my book boyfriends. A redemption plotline can be interesting, but usually I want them to be bad and don't play by the rules. This one sure is an anti-hero and I love it.


Now, Knight and Anya together...holy moley! That's just HAWT! Like seriously scorching. The writing style is very elaborate and with that kind of attention to detail you can lose the reader quite easily in a sex scene, but oh dear...I sure as hell wasn't lost...right there, every second.

What really surprised me about this book were the sweet moments between Knight and Anya. Yes, he can be sweet...I was shocked too. All in all it is a well rounded, yet slightly unconventional love story and if you like a lot of control in your book boyfriends you really should pick this one up.

“Honey, the candles are gonna burn out," I prompted on a grin. "Let 'em," he replied. "Got nothin' I want. Everything I want is standing right in front of me.”

Since this was my first Kristen Ashley book I have to confess that it took me a while to get into the highly descriptive style and the fact that we have a slow burner here. But in all honesty I didn't care, the story and the characters had me so hooked and I actually read it in one day. Couldn't put it down and it is entirely possible that I didn't listen to my Prof. during that one class. *coughs*

I've seen many different review and ratings for this book. I guess the biggest issue is the whole 'daddy' thing...oh well...it takes some getting used to. But it's also really hot. For me Knight was a complete success. I don't know why some things just click with me but this one just hit home and I honestly could read twenty more books just like this one. In fact, I already re-read a few scenes and I started with the second book in the Unfinished Heroseries. I'm definitely turning into a KA fan...not that I expected anything less. ;D


**I wrote this in a slightly tipsy state...all mistakes are mine! ;D

No comments

Post a Comment

+up