September 27, 2015

Review: Bury Me by Tara Sivec


Title: Bury Me
Author: Tara Sivec
Series: None
Genre: dark, suspense, thriller, new Adult
I hear screams in my head.
I see blood on my hands.
When I look in the mirror I see a stranger.

How is it that I can remember bits and pieces of my life, but nothing of any importance and nothing that makes any sense? Everything is twisted and nothing is right. I’m choking with every breath I take, suffocating on the unknown.

Two days ago, everything changed. Two days ago, the people I should trust the most became strangers in my convoluted head. The dreams I have can’t be real. The fleeting memories that whisper through my mind are scary and wrong…they have to be. If they aren’t, I have something much worse to fear than my fractured mind. I need to find out the truth, even if it destroys me.

I've been told my name is Ravenna Duskin. I’m eighteen years old and I live in a prison…



Amazon US | Amazon UK





SANDY'S REVIEW


Bury Me by Tara Sivec
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My reaction as soon as I finished the book...
description
Ohmygod
ohmygod
OH.MY.GOD!!!!
description
It's quiet possible I'm still in shock and certainly not qualified to rate or review this book!

But I have to I'm dying to say this - Tara Sivec, YOU OFFICIALLY. BLEW. MY. MIND!!!


***********************************************

***4.5 prison stars***

Two reasons I picked up this book!
#1- Holy hell that blurb is already giving me the creeps *shudders*
#2- What in the world….Tara Sivec and dark book??!!!


I kid you not, she writes one hell of dark, disturbing psychological thriller!!!!

description

Ravenna Duskin wakes up with no memory of her previous life, she was found bleeding in the woods after being chased by a faceless shadow. However, she was certain that, she was meant to die that stormy night. Since the time she woke up, her family keeps telling her things about her life which she couldn’t relate to, there is this constant battle with herself either to believe her parents and friends who says she was a “proper lady” or the voices she keeps hearing that says she’s a “bad bad girl”. As time passes, she knows things are not how they look like and everything surrounding her is a LIE and that’s when she starts believing in her instincts. In order to find the truth she has to go to the deepest, darkest depth of her fractured mind to unravel the mystery behind her accident and truth about those disturbing voices she keeps hearing.

This story is engrossing right from the beginning, there are so many twists and turns all along and gives a haunted experience. If I’ve to be honest, I will say it had too many monologues and repetitive thoughts, the mystery keeps playing in a loop and at some point I was frustrated when it was not going anywhere. But that climax was worth waiting, every voice, every riddles, every loops makes so much sense at this point. You will be both amazed and shocked to see how well the author played us.

The best part of the book was the epilogue, it was E.P.I.C!! It took lot of time (during which I was-pacing around, texting my book buddies about the heart palpitation I just endured and re-reading that part) for me to realize what just hit me!!

Let me tell you this, MY MIND WAS THOROUGHLY FUCKED!!!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

P.S : My very first review for coffeeaddictbooks #feelingproud

No comments

Post a Comment

+up