April 03, 2016

Review: Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes #1) by J.M. Darhower


Title: Monster in His Eyes
Author: J.M. Darhower
Series: Monster in His Eyes #1
Genre: Contemporary romance, erotica, dark

Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.

It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.

It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.

I want to hate him.

Sometimes, I do.

But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This book is intended for a mature audience only, due to some dark and erotic content.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

“2.5 not so Monster’y stars”

The Characters
Meet Karissa-almost 19 years old college freshman

description

And then there’s Ignazio “Naz” Vitale who always wears a black suit

description

The story

description

Girl meets a guy man who is filthy rich, girl is attracted to him but the man is full of mystery. Even then the girl agrees to go out for dinner, they have SEX. Girl craves for man’s touch so they hook up again. When the girl and man are not having sex, Girl is attending philosophy class and the man always “works” which the girl never felt the need to know. The Girl eventually falls for the man whom she hardly knows that’s because the man hardly speaks anything apart from “huh” and “I don’t know” again girl is not at all suspicious about his whereabouts and people he calls his “family”. When the girl finds out man’s secret she is all like “I hate him but I still Love him”.

description

My thoughts
description

I din’t feel any chemistry between the two nor did I connect with the characters. Throughout the book I was waiting for at least one significant event to blow my mind but nothing happened. Even towards the end when there was a revelation of how all the characters were connected which I totally predicted btw! It was not so big of secret after all, I mean there were clues scattered all over the places and the author did not do a great job at building up any sort of suspense. Karissa was stupid/ignorant for not connecting the puzzles but not me, I found out about the SECRET much sooner, ok! Technically Kirsten did! But my point is the story was dragged to the point of boredom! There was no element of darkness in this story, Just FYI Brutal consensual sex doesn’t classify as DARK.

Only saving grace was the sex and the writing. I loved the philosophical references which was interesting and thought provoking.

Well second book Torture to her soul is said in Naz’s POV and rather interesting, hoping to read it soon!

description

No comments

Post a Comment

+up