May 26, 2016

TBT #34 - Review: Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan

★TBT #34★
This weeks on ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬ is Mia Sheridan's captivating and emotionally beautiful love story of Calder and Eden. It's the story full of hope, dreams, friendship and innocent young love.



Title: Becoming Calder
Author: Mia Sheridan
Series: Sign of Love
Genre: young adult, contemporary romance

There is a place in modern day America with no electricity, no plumbing, and no modern conveniences. In this place, there is no room for dreams, no space for self-expression, and no tolerance for ambition.

In this place, there is a boy with the body of a god and the heart of a warrior. He is strong and faithful and serves his family honorably. But he dares to dream of more.

In this place, there is a girl with the face of an angel and a heart full of courage. To her family, she is the vision of obedient perfection. But she dares to want that which she has been told can never be hers.

Becoming Calder is the story of good versus evil, fear versus bravery, and the truth that the light of love has always found its way into even the darkest of places . . . From the beginning of time, to the end of the world.

THIS IS THE FIRST PART IN A TWO-PART SIGN OF LOVE SERIES INSPIRED BY AQUARIUS. THE SECOND PART, FINDING EDEN, RELEASES SIMULTANEOUSLY. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and graphic sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


"3.5 spring stars"

description

Becoming Calder was beautiful story of hope, dreams, friendship and innocent young love. Mia Sheridan has a unique way of shaping up the characters we could relate to, cherishing their growing love and living every moment of this mesmerizing romance. The author never disappoints in the department of romance, one of the my favorite scene was when Calder and Eden made love for the first time under the full moon, by their hidden spring, surrounded by candlelight was so MAGICAL!!! I was so overwhelmed by their innocence and purity that I just didn’t want this spell to ever end.
“As long as we’re both under the same moon, we’ll always find a way to each other.” 
I love Eden and Calder so so much! You don’t get to see powerful heart gripping young romance, where they are drawn to each other against all the odds. Despite being forbidden they create their very own paradise, their hidden spring where they fell in love.
“I’ll always consider it to be the place where my life began.” 
Rating Clarification: "It's not you, it's me"
My rating doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy this book , it’s just that it didn’t amaze me. Growing up watching Indian movies, this subject matter wasn’t something new to me. The religious cult, brainwashing the community, restricting them against modern way of living and forbidden love was something which has been told and retold in movies ages back. Worst kind of punishment were given to the young lovers who were caught and let me tell you it never ended well! So this story didn’t surprise me at all though the ending was way too intense it was not as bad as I expected it to be.

I had few issues with the plot-#1-

[ how did Eden get pregnant when Calder didn’t come inside her or did I miss something in my sex education class?!!!
#2- ok! Let’s say the cult leader Hector made everyone believe there was going to be a major flood killing everyone!

[ was the flood coincidence or was Hector right all along? Or did he foresee it? And most important question how was Eden the lone survivor of this flood????

Overall I liked it but I didn’t love it as such, Archer’s voice still remains my favorite from this author and I’m definitely looking forward to read her future books because let’s face it nobody writes sweet YA/NA romance like Mia. Speaking of her books sorry to keep this review short but I’m dying to read Finding Eden to see how their story ends.

Photo courtesy: Pinterest

No comments

Post a Comment

+up