July 10, 2016

Review: Tight by Alessandra Torre




Title: Tight
Author: Alessandra Torre
Series: none
Genre: dark, contemporary romance

I was happy in my small town. In my life as a single, thirty-two year old woman. I had a good job, wonderful friends, my independence.

I also hadn't got laid in three years. Hadn't been on a date in two. Had stopped counting calories and wearing makeup... a while ago.

Then Brett Jacobs waltzed in. Caressed my thigh, dug rough fingers into my hair, lowered his soft mouth to my skin, took sexual control of my mind and stirred it all around with what he packed in his pants. He flipped my quiet life upside down and crawled into a place in my heart I thought was dead.

The issue is his secret. The issue is her. The issue is that I don't even know she exists, and he thinks she's dead. The issue is that shit is about to hit the fan and I can't hold on to him tight enough.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW

“2.5 underwhelming stars”

I never thought I would ever see this day, where I didn’t like a book from my favorite author and point out all the mistakes! Writing this review is so heart-rending!!
description ***Before I write down my review, just know that this is my honest opinion and all the reasons why it failed miserably for me. If you’re planning on reading this book please don’t read any further as it may contain spoilers***

The Bad part
This story was mostly focused on the suspense or the disappointing twist rather than the story or character development or the romance. Throughout the book I felt like I was reading somebody's journal because there was no continuity of any scenes but more like rushing of events.The tag line of the title...
“This is not a story about servitude. This is a story about strength.”
I’m sorry but I failed to see both!! Kitten's chapter were so small even the bigger font didn't make it any longer and it failed to evoke any sympathy towards her since everything was ‘said’ but not ‘showed’, same goes for the romance/love between Brett and Riley…in the blink of an eye they have fallen deeply in love with each other and all I got about their relationships was gifts-phone calls-exotic weekend getaway!

One question I've been dying to ask since I finish this book...what was the whole point of this story?????

I guessed the identity of Kitten within one fourth of the story and still I kept playing different scenarios hoping one of them would define the twist. To my utmost disappointment it was none of them but my initial theory plus the final reveal of yet another secret which Brett so adamantly hid from Riley was not jaw dropping either.

So back to my question? What was the point of emphasizing the suspense/secret when all the clues where right there from the beginning which was certainly misleading!!

And this blurb...
The issue is his secret.
The issue is her.
The issue is that I don't even know she exists, and he thinks she's dead.
The issue is that shit is about to hit the fan and I can't hold on to him tight enough.


Those who have read it, please tell me if this makes any sense?? Or is it me!!

The Ugly part
I loved Riley and Brett, I felt their chemistry. .BUT why were they so stupid??!!

I don't know who is the biggest Moron..Brett for dragging the love of his life from the safety of her small town to most dangerous places,

[a potential place for human and drug trafficking where he has to leave her all alone while taking care of his "CLIENT'S"]
or Riley for

[ playing 'Nancy Drew' in the said place which clearly shouts "get the hell outta here"]
rather than confronting him!

This is a MAJOR spoiler---->

[ And their reunion would be the worst one in the history of reunions; I so wanted to be overwhelmed with relief, to cry happy tears but all I got was 'Brett had come for me' and 'I had been saved!' I read QQ last September, 6 months and I can still remember every detail of how Q rescued Tess from that hell..it still fills my heart with ecstasy, it was EPIC!! I didn’t mean to compare...who am I kidding, parts of this story was a rip-off from Monsters in the Dark, Black lies and the very word KITTEN reminded me of Captive in Dark! And since it’s out there, this one scene where Riley was in her hotel room alone and decides to confront Brett late at night, her inner thoughts and everything about it sounded exactly like what Layana did in Black Lies except she did find out the truth that night and let’s not forget the timeline!!]


So this goes without saying that I didn't feel the ending either..

The Good part
Writing: which always makes reading her books enjoyable and had me turning pages faster than my usual pace.

So that's the reason I won’t give up on AT's books yet! Black lies to this day remain the only book which stole my sleep and made me finish it before sunrise!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up