February 15, 2017

Review : Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen



Title: Vicious
Author: L.J. Shen
Series: Sinners of Saint #1
Genre: contemporary romance, dark

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares.
He is a brilliant lawyer.
A skilled criminal.
A beautiful liar.
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist.
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom.
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down.
She paid the price.
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate.
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t.
So she hates me. Big fucking deal.
She better get used to me.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW



description

This was such a perfect read for me; What not to love when you get everything you were looking for, wrapped up in a single book-

-An engaging storyline along with a great writing,
-Intense main characters who are begging to be loved/hated,
-Mind blowing sexual tension
-Well balanced secondary characters
-And a redeeming A-hole hero!


Boy, what a redemption it was. Going from hating to practically swooning over this brooding, larger than life alpha/anti-hero was the best part of this story.

I’m being evasive about the story that’s because there’s plenty of stellar reviews out there, I’m here basically to gush! Anyway, here’s a quote which will sum up this story….
“I loved her when I hated her. And I loved her when I didn’t want anything to do with her. I was so crazy about her, the lines had blurred together. Feelings were mixed, emotions twisted together.”
Vicious is a well-written story and the author flawlessly wove the past and present together, giving a perfect backstory to understand their crazy obsession. This book is full of intense emotions which in no way was overdone at any point. This was my first read from L.J. Shen and let me tell you something here, this woman’s words are as addicting as her characters. I was hung up on every word she wrote like a junkie looking for her next fix. Guess I found my new go-to author.

This is not a never-heard-before-story but the author put a different spin to a notion of an epic love story, where the line between love, hate, and passion was all blurred out. Everything about this book screams perfection. It’s not just romance, it’s about obsession taken to a new level.

Absolute favorite read of this year!!


No comments

Post a Comment

+up