October 29, 2015

TBT#4 - Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Its ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬.....which means I get to post my old reviews again and this week it's my favorite Lux series. A PNR series so addicting it was almost painful to wait for the next book to be out since it always ends with major cliffhangers. Action packed, hilarious, suspense, romance, bickering and full of suprises! it indeed was a Epic read. Did you know its going to be on big screen soon?? 


Title:Opal
Author:Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series:Lux #3
Genre:paranormal, romance, young adult

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


NO NO NO NO !!!! pleaseeee NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!

OMFG!!! I still can’t wrap my head around what happened at the end!!!!!

“I couldn’t move away. My arms didn’t work. Someone grabbed me from the side, but I couldn’t feel. It felt like I was still screaming, but there was no sound. There was no Daemon .” 

I’m so going to kill that double crossing SOB Blake. . .

(I have so many things to say) Ok breathe breathe. . .


This is the best among the series. A TOTAL PAGE TURNER. I loved the way author had written the story, whatever I felt lacking in the previous installation is made up in this one. This book not only focuses on Katy but lot of other issues like: Dawson’s loneliness, Blacks dealing with his return, Dee’s anger over loosing Adam, Dawson and Katy bonding over, Dee’s and Katy’s friendship hanging by the thread, Blake’s involvement and mostly Katy’s and Daemon’s relationship.

I loveee Katy so much, she is one of the best characters I have read so far, I liked the way the author has portrayed Katy how from being quiet, honest, boring, never doing anything reckless to lying, living in the world of grey and doing (killing) anything to protect the one’s she loved, pretty much bending her morals, battling her conscience every single day and emerging as a strong person in every single situation. On the other hand Daemon: hot body with horrible attitude to being kind, loving, considerate, selfless, and supportive, still maintaining his wickedness and hotness.

Writing is so awesome. Getting every detail right especially the action apart where you can actually picturise the series of events so clearly it’s like watching a movie. When it comes to the intimate scene it was not much like I can picturise but the way she expresses Katy’s emotions without going into any details was overwhelming. Best part is at the end of every chapter you feel your gut-wrenching there is always an element of surprise waiting.

I love this line:
“My house is like the killing fields.” 
I mean no one could come up with this idea! She brings up humour in any tense situation. I’m proud to say that I’m Jennifer L. Armentrout fan.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up