May 05, 2016

TBT #31 - Review: Determined to Obey (The Dark Duet #3.5) by C.J. Roberts


★TBT #31★
Brace yourself for this weeks ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬ as I bring to CJ Roberts The Dark Duet Series. I loved this compelling series to my very core, it was dark, disturbing, romantic, messed up; in short, an EPIC love story on every level. 


Title: Determined to obey
Author: C.J. Roberts
Series: The Dark Duet #3.5
Genre: dark, erotica, contemporary

he character “Kid” appears in both Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark.
This novella takes place in Mexico and follows Kid after he and his girlfriend, Nancy, are taken hostage by a group of men led by Caleb. Unbeknownst to Kid or Nancy, they are taken to the mansion of Felipe Villanueva, an eccentric crime boss with a taste for the taboo.

We join Kid in the dungeon, where he is about to meet Felipe and his companion Celia for the first time…

Warning: 18+ only. Very frank language, graphic sexuality and coercion. Do not read if M/M/F bothers you!



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Determined to Obey by C.J. Roberts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“3.5 awesome threesome stars”

Ok! I had no idea what was I getting into and this was me most of the time!

description

Yepp!! This story was disturbing, twisted, weird and very VERY DIRTY!!
I’m not an m/m or m/m/f fan and I was VERY much uncomfortable for most the scenes, the sex were sinfully HOT and honestly, I enjoyed the hell out of it!

description

Celia, Felipe and Kid were first introduced in Seduced in the Dark and this story takes place around the same as Caleb and Livvie’s stay in the mansion. After Nancy and Kid were taken as hostages by Caleb and his men they were brought to mansion owned by Felipe as a favour to Rafiq. We already saw what happened to both of them. Though Felipe was associated with Rafiq he and Celia were always kind and helpful to Caleb and Livvie, so this had me thinking Kid’s fate wouldn’t be as bad as Nancy, which piqued my curiosity to read Determined to Obey.

Felipe and Celia took Kid under their wing not to use Kid as their sex toy but because they were drawn to his innocence and they were desperately in need to love someone. Yes, I do remember he was humiliated and forced to take part in public sex, it was an act to show Caleb and Rafiq that he was being punished for being a part of bike gang who almost raped Livvie but underneath this act those two genuinely cared for him.

Their relationship was messed up but three of them had a mutual affection for one another, Kid who lost his parents and witnessed his last remaining family slaughtered in front of his eyes he has nowhere to go, nobody to look up to. He slowly realises how much Felipe and Celia loves him, treats him as their family he soon gives in, submits to their will and is determined to obey.

Surprisingly I loved this story, C. J Roberts has a way with words that brings her characters alive and make us love them no matter how messed up they are! Honestly first when I met Celia in SITD she grossed me out, she willingly slept around even when she claims to be in love with her master Felipe who on other hand doesn’t try to stop her. But once you know their past, see their love you will definitely change your mind especially towards Felipe. He is my favorite among the three, he was so gentle in his approach towards Kid and their encounter was my favorite. Guess this is the universe sending me a message to start reading m/m romance soon*giggles*

Theirs was the most fucked up relationship I’ve seen and yet it was beautifully written and the ending put a big smile on my face.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up