November 07, 2014

Review: Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre



"I'm not sure what you have been told about me, but I'm not nearly as bad as they make me out to be." His deliciously deep voice carried a little bit of ego.

I'm sure you are exactly as bad as they make you out to be….

Brad De Luca is used to getting whatever and whomever he wants. The premier divorce attorney in town, he's a playboy who's bedded half the city—including his own clients. And when the newest intern at his firm poses a challenge, his seductive prowess goes into overdrive.

Pre-law student Julia Campbell is fresh off a failed engagement and happy with her new independence. Even if she weren't warned away from Brad at every turn, she'd know he was bad news. The last thing she needs is a man who could destroy her job prospects, not to mention her innocence. But before she knows it, the incorrigible charmer has her under his spell. His deviant tastes plunge her deep into a forbidden world of sexual exploration…but her heart may not survive the fall.








MY REVIEW


Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 not so innocent after all STARS


“I'm not sure what you have been told about me, but I'm not nearly as bad as they make me out to be.”


My very first Alessandra Torre book and it was goooooooooood. Surprising, witty, naughty and all around immensely satisfying.

From the first page I was pleasantly surprised by the cheeky writing style. It just speaks to me and felt very natural to read...almost like being in my own head. I'm the queen of witty comments, if you didn't know that already. ;P


“Is that the only reason I'm sitting here? Because I'm an intern in your firm, therefore off-limits?""I invited you here because I enjoy spending time with you. You challenge me and make me laugh. And because every time I see you I want to rip your clothes off and put my hands on you.”


Let's start with a little cliché, shall we?

Twenty-one year old Julia is determined to focus on her pre-law studies and the brand new intern job she started at a swanky law firm, after ending an unsatisfying relationship and engagement. And yes, she catches the eye of the notorious Brad De Luca, a brilliant divorce attorney who has a reputation of screwing everyone who isn't on a tree by the count of three - interns, secretaries...clients, you name it he's done it.

Heard that one before?

Don't worry, this one is actually expertly executed and would you believe me when I say Blindfolded Innocence has a twist you won't see coming? Well, don't take my word for it, but I for one was really happy with the outcome.


Julia Campbell is no bumbling idiot. She is actually a rather interesting heroin. She is highly intelligent, determined, has a good work ethic and she is also very independent.

After being warned repeatedly about Mr. De Luca, Julia has no problem to stay away from him and ultimately deflect his advances. Most heroines fall head over heels at this point, but I do admire her strength...until she gives in. Which is to be expected...gotta get the plot rolling and to be honest a girl can only take so much until she has to find out for herself what is going on.

“I suddenly realized that there was no way I would ever be able to say no to this man.”


Brad De Luca has found his ultimate challenge. The feisty young intern is a complete mystery to him. No woman with a pulse has ever denied him or even called him out on his BS. And men are all the same in the end...tell them they can't have it and they work twice as hard to prove you wrong. No difference here.

“That might seem fucked up, but that is how I am. I take what I want, and I own what I have.”


Yes, he is as alpha male as they come. He is stunning...obviously. He is domineering as hell, rich, arrogant and he is one very naughty boy. *sigh* Just what a young man ought to be. ;P

But back to Julia and Brad. There is a short weekend trip to Vegas in their future and everything else you have to find out the usual way...GO READ THE DAMN BOOK!


I have to confess, it took me a while to get into this particular book, but only because I thought it was just another Lawyer/Intern story. The writing is just up my alley, the characters are not only well developed but also highly entertaining and they give good bickering.

Brad and Julia are very strong characters, with a lot of flaws and edges. In fact I highly recommend reading The Diary of Brad De Luca right after you finished this one. It's a short novella with Brad's POV and it gives you some insight into his headspace and why he acts certain ways and what his motives are.

I loved the way their relationship...if you want to call it that...evolves. It's not a straight forward 'we fall in love and live happily ever after'. Beside the point that this is only the first instalment in a trilogy, the plot or better yet their 'involvement with each other' takes a lot of twists and turns. Let's just say, Mr. De Luca has certain proclivities and you gotta think twice if you want to deal with that kind of ...stuff. ;D

And don't get me started on the ending...Oh boy!


Oh my! That book. That ending! I really enjoyed this one and I'm so anxious to find out where it all goes and what will happen and I sure as hell want more of the naughty. Damn girl...that was good.


**Good night GR! I have three days of sleep to catch up on. ;D

No comments

Post a Comment

+up