February 22, 2015

Review: Reclaimed by River Savage


When the woman you love is lost, how hard will you fight to get her back?

Following the birth of her daughter, Kadence Knight finds herself in a battle she never prepared for. With desperation and unhappiness threatening to overwhelm her, a sense of hopelessness pulls her away from the one thing she has always longed for: a family.

As Nix watches his wife struggle with something he doesn't understand, he can't help but feel disconnected to his woman. The Kadence he once knew has drifted into the darkness. In her place is a shadow of the woman she once was, one who is fearful of the impossible...failing their daughter.

This Valentine’s Day, Nix has one goal — to reclaim the woman who gave him everything.



*Please note this is a novella and features the characters from the previous storyline. The events of Reclaimed take place after Incandescent and Affliction. Book one and two in the Knights Rebels MC. To get the full advantage of the story, and character development, I strongly suggest you read in order.




Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Reclaimed by River Savage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 trouble in paradise STARS


“You fuckin' give me light, baby, give, me so much fuckin' light I don't know what to do with it.”


Can I just say, I was over the moon when I saw this novella on my timeline. What a pleasant surprise and then I found out Reclaimed is about Nix and Kadence. They are one of my favourite couples from 2014. I just completely lost it and went right in to read. Incandescent, the first book in the Knights Rebels MC series was my biggest biker book surprise last year and I was dying to get some more of Nix after the second instalment Affliction didn't really work for me. And man, River Savage delivered this time around.

Reclaimed is such a well rounded read. It was touching, heartbreaking, sexy and insanely funny all at once.



“I don't understand the uneasiness of my emotions. I don't understand how I can go from riding in a bliss of new baby smell, to feeling like I'm walking blindly in a fog so thick I can't see five inches in front of me.”


At the end of Affliction Kadence gave birth to her and Nix's first daughter Harlow. This little novella deals with the aftermath of her pregnancy and what ups and downs their marriage has to endure.

Kadence is in a dark place. She has post partum depression and it's taking a toll on her ability to function in a normal way and her family and marriage suffer greatly as a result. She has lost herself and it was really heart-breaking to see this strong woman fighting and losing the battle with herself.

And poor Nix is just trying to keep it all together. In the end he is caring for everything by himself. His son Z, Harlow, Kadence and the club. I swear this man is a saint with a heart of gold. I was in love with his character before, but now I have a deep respect on top of that. He is supportive and patient. Two things indispensable when you are dealing with a situation like this one.

So how will Kadence overcome her problems and what happens with her marriage to Nix?



“Open your eyes woman. You are here. You are here and you are living it.”


You might think this is a dark and depressing read, when in fact Reclaimed is a very hopeful and uplifting read. Post partum depression is very common thing, but unfortunately also a taboo in society. It needs to be addressed and woman need to know that they are not alone and that there is help. You just need to ask.

Considering that this is a very short novella I went through a lot more emotions than with most books. The beginning broke my heart and the ending had me crying from laughter. Well rounded...told ya.


And because I whole heartedly agree that post partum depression is something we should talk about and not ignore. Here are a few links (can also be found in the book)...if you need help or if you know someone:

Postpartum.net (English) | Schatten & Licht (German)

So...any word on Desertion, yet? I would really like to know whose book it is and when it comes out.


No comments

Post a Comment

+up