How many times can a person fall down and still get back up? How many times can things go wrong before you just give up?
I’ve lost everything. My home, my job, my purpose in life—everything has been turned upside down. But while life hasn’t exactly turned out the way I would have liked it to, I wouldn’t change a thing. If things were different, I wouldn’t have Lacey. I wouldn’t have Michael.
But most importantly, I wouldn’t have him.
I’ve realized what I feel. He knew it before I did. Only one question remains:
Is he capable of feeling the same way?
Secrets are a prison, and I have been behind bars for years. Sloane Romera has been turning keys in all of my locks, throwing light on corners of my mind that I thought would forever be shrouded in darkness. Or at least I had hoped would be.
I have done so many wrongs in this life, and yet this woman has forgiven me. She’s done something I never thought possible—she has learned to understand me, and she hasn’t run. She’s amazed me. She’s saved me. She’s fallen in love with me.
If it’s within my power, I’m about to do the same for her.
Amazon US | Amazon UK
Twisted by Callie Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
5 cray cray STARS
“A part of me wants to run like fuck away from the primal urge I'm experiencing to keep this woman...but then again, another very large part of me wants to say fuck it.”
It's twisted, alright.
My god, the amount of bad things happening in this one is just off the charts. Every time Sloane and Zeth are not near each other all hell breaks loose. It's so ridiculous and I would laugh if the stakes weren't that high. How about you two just hold hands and never let go. I swear it would help my sanity a great deal. Thank you very much.
Here are a few things that come to mind, in no particular order:
1. Pippa is on top of my shit list! “I can’t believe I even thought about sharing Ben and Jerry’s with that woman not an hour ago.”
2. Just talk with each other, for crying out loud!
3. “How the hell are all these people so interlinked?”
Right there with you Michael. WTF?
4. Family sucks!
5. “You disrespect my mother and I shoot you in the leg. You call my girl a whore, what do you think I’m gonna do to you now, asshole?” What's not to love about Zeth?
6. Lacey! Oh I don't even know what to say.
7. “Fuck, Zeth. Oh—shit, goddamn, motherfucker. Fuck me, Zeth. Fuck. Ahh, shit. Ah, ZETH!” My thoughts exactly!
8. Zeth and Sloane! I just want to hug you guys and buy you a vacation on a beach somewhere far away.
9. Also....KISSING! “The kiss to end all kisses” *throws popcorn*
10. One more book. I don't think I'm ready, but I'm pretty sure there will be no sleep and lots of reading tonight. ;D