January 27, 2016

Review: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley


Title: Walk Through Fire
Author: Kristen Ashley
Series: Chaos #4
Genre: contemporary romance
The flame never dies . . .

Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .



Amazon US | Amazon UK






FLO'S REVIEW


Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 **fiery** STARS



“Never give up.
Never quit dreaming.
Because dreams had a way of being.
You just had to keep hold.”


*sigh*

This book is the perfect example why Kristen Ashley, badass biker and second chance romance is the best combination ever. It was just wonderful. Emotional, sexy, heartbreaking and so very much like coming home.

A second chance romance that hits right in the feels, makes your panties melt right from the start, badass biker and kick-ass heroine shenanigans on top. Just the right thing to make my heart melt and to make me lose a day or two of my life. Not complaining, mind you, but once I start a KA book I can never really stop. It’s like going down the rabbit hole. Because when I’m done with the book I usually go back to re-read her older books. It’s a vicious and addictive cycle of alpha male goodness. But I digress...let’s talk story!


“Are you saying we should start up where we left off?”
His comeback was instant. “Did it ever end for you?”


Twenty years ago Logan 'High' Judd and Millie Cross were the perfect biker couple. From the first moment they met head over heels in love, made for each other and destined for a great future with a big family. That is until after three year of bliss Millie up and left High - out of the blue.

Now all those years later, a chance encounter helps Millie to find the resolve to clear the air, explain her actions, make peace and to finally be able to live her life. But things aren't that easy and the first time they see each other again after twenty years of silence tensions run high and there might be some explosion of sorts. The good stuff. *wink wink*


“It was so worth it to walk through fire for you.”


What can I say? Both Millie and Logan are just phenomenal characters. Strong willed, stubborn and kick-ass. Their history is so deeply rooted, it made the angst so much more agonizingly beautiful. I legit cried at times and that is not an easy feat to accomplish. Now I'm a sucker for second chance romance, so that was a no-brainer from the get go, but the story just worked. It's not easy sailing after their first reunion, in fact it's down right nasty. They have to work and fight for the HEA.

There is really nothing more I can say without repeating one of my gazillion other KA reviews. I love the woman and her writing. She has created my happy place on the book shelf. When I’m down, when I have a book hangover or just can’t deal with real life for a second this is my escape. Alpha males who talk in one word sentences. Sassy heroines who wear LBDs, drink fruity cocktails and bake sugary goodness on the weekends. It’s a bit like heaven.

That’s it. Read the book. Now excuse me while I go back and re-read Motorcycle Man...just because I can. ;)

No comments

Post a Comment

+up