January 07, 2016

TBT #14 - Review: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre


Featuring on this weeks #ThrowbackThrussday  is Black Lies by Alessandra Torre​....This story is UH-MEH-ZING…..Just terrifyingly-mind blowingly-AMAZING. A masterpiece! Hands down the best romantic suspense I have ever read! Story so captivating that I stayed up all night to finish it! Writing was  powerful it just brought all my emotions to the surface and I was hungover for days!



Title: Black Lies
Author: Alessandra Torre
Series: none
Genre: contemporary romance, erotica

Brant: Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years. Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


***6 stars***

description

Where to start?? This has left me speechless I don’t know how to write a review! I’ll try though.

*ranting and swearing ahead*

After seeing the hype this book got and all the raving I heard from my GR friends I was so tempted to read it even after knowing it has love triangle (which I usually avoid. I hate heartbreaks, infidelity, and betrayal in romance novel. I’m more of HEA kind of girl).

Anyway I really was nervous and equally excited to read it totally aware of what I’m getting myself into. So first 25% of the book was like fairly tale. I’ll spare the details, was glad that Layana finally met a guy worth loving and Brant was like prince charming everything about him was perfect. They were perfect together. Perfect love. Perfect future. Perfect family. Until everything was ruined that night when she finds his BIG. FAT. SECRET. (more on that later…)

Since then my mind was totally FUCKED!!! My heart racing, hands trembling, felling agitated and temper rising.


[I so hated Layana for what she was doing after that night. She actually started seeing someone else!! Not just that but she was being a WHORE! Yes, you heard me right a FILTHY COCK SUCKING WHORE!! and she allowed Lee to treat her like one! I kept screaming in my mind “Bitch!! Are you out of your mind! You are cheating on a loving, caring boyfriend” I know, I know she kept saying she had reason for her actions and that once I know his secret I’ll understand her and be on “Team Layana”. Sorry bitch! No secret is big enough for you to cheat on him and love him at the same time!

If that felt like slapping her, what she did later wanted me to kill her. Fucking Lee was not enough she wanted him full time. Her craziness doesn’t end there her obsession with him grows so much that she ruins his relationship with his girlfriend (Molly). What a crazy psychotic bitch!! By 50% of the story it was way past my bed time. I tried sleeping but this thought kept nagging me - she stills loves Brant but why does she wants Lee so badly? What is this “secret” which burned down their perfect everything? Even when she feels guilty for being with Lee and swore she loves only Brant but why does she find ways to make Lee fall for her? Does her craziness have no limits??

After tossing and turning for long time, at around 3 A.M I gave up my sleep, grabbed my Kindle and started reading right in time to find out the infamous secret! Actually I had my very own list of the possibility 1. Serial killer (like Dexter Morgan) 2. Bipolar 3. Multiple personality disorder.

So when finally his secret was revealed I was not surprised at all! (yay me!!) I don’t think this was big enough reason for Layana to cheat on Brant! He might have different personality and what happens to them is not in Brant control so technically Brant wouldn’t do anything willingly to hurt her feeling! But she is full aware of her actions and their consequences! Nope still on “Team Brant”.

And now she is in love with two guys-one for his heart other for his cock! At this point I just wanted to get over with it just finish this shit, go to sleep or pick up something else sensible to read. Finally she grew some brains and decided to confess everything to Brant-what she said BLEW MY MIND!

Lee is one of Brant’s many personalities????? I mean WHAT.THE.FUCK??!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? For real? All this time it was Brant she was fucking? She didn’t cheat on him? Fuck fuckity fuckkkkkk!!!! She didn’t cheat on him? She didn’t cheat on him!!! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! She didn’t cheat on him
*happy dancing* Well rest of the story brought smile to my face.

Shit! I hated Lana for no reason!!! I was so blinded by hatred towards her I missed all the clues to put the puzzles together. OMFG! Lana does everything to save the love to her life, make his other personality fall in love with her, she was always protecting him making sure he doesn’t sleep around! Layana- Strong, smart, definitely loyal and best female character ever written]

Black Lies is UH-MEH-ZING…..Just terrifyingly-mind blowingly-AMAZING. A masterpiece! Hands down the best romantic suspense I have ever read! Alessandra Torre is definitely going in my favorite author list. Story was so captivating! Writing was so powerful it brought all my emotions to the surface. I’m still not over this story! Now that I found my peace, I don’t think I’ll read anything else for time being :)

No comments

Post a Comment

+up