May 05, 2016

TBT #31 - Review: Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2) by C.J. Roberts


★TBT #31★
Brace yourself for this weeks ‪#‎ThrowbackThrusday‬ as I bring to CJ Roberts The Dark Duet Series. I loved this compelling series to my very core, it was dark, disturbing, romantic, messed up; in short, an EPIC love story on every level. 


Title: Seduced in the Dark
Author: C.J. Roberts
Series: The Dark Duet #2
Genre: dark, erotica, contemporary romance

BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.
What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote: It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"5 Mine! stars"
description

“Mine. The word was a declaration. It rocked him to his very foundation. It was a truth he’d kept hidden for far too long. Caleb didn’t know anything about love, or loving anyone, but he knew… Livvie was his.” 
This is one of those times where I struggle to write a review to express my mountain size feelings in words. Until a few months back I was terrified of reading anything DARK even if it had HEA and now I can gladly say reading “Tears of Tess” is the best decision I’ve made. There is something about the way our emotions get all tangled up while reading Dark romance, all the emotions are heightened clouding our judgement, being furious at one time and terrified the next, it’s the only time we lose the sense of thinking and pull us into whirlwind of manipulation, fear, hatred, compassion, betrayal, honesty, cruelty, desire, vengeance, passion and unconditional LOVE-that’s what Seduced in the Dark was for me.

I’ve said it before and I don’t mind it saying it again, Caleb and Livvie’s story is ♥EPIC♥! I know that Caleb is far from being the knight in a shining armour, I hated Caleb for better part of this story, he’s a monster in disguise who kidnapped, abused and tormented Livvie in ways nobody would wish it on their worst enemy, he’s a monster a seducer your worst nightmare but knowing him, seeing the world from his eyes and feeling his emotions will tear you apart, he has come to love and care in her company, she became his strength, his light in darkness, his salvation. Being inside Caleb mind was a torture in itself, I couldn’t fathom the situation where you have to choose between the one who saved you from the long life of misery and the one who loves you irrespective of your darkness. I finally understood why he had to do the things he did, I think I could finally forgive him, “...monsters aren't born, they're made...”. Yes! I love him, I’m in love with this monster.

description

Livvie *sighs* Words fall short to describe this epitome of forgiveness, courage, love and HOPE. Her struggle to survive and to have faith in only one person to save her is the one who happens to be her abuser. When all things are said and done she can’t hate him and can never deny the fact she’s in love with her captor. And that’s the beauty of their story they grew and transformed into different individual changing each other’s life for good and their love and passion is desirable enough to make you cuddle with your kindle and read Chapter 19 over and over again *winks*
“I'm yours," she said, but then added, "only yours. And you're mine, only mine.” 
C. J. Roberts is fucking genius for delivering this spellbinding tale said from Livvie’s POV entwined between past and present totally capturing your undivided attention. It was dark, gritty and in so many levels disturbing yet a story so beautiful leaving you overwhelmed with emotional. Her writing is powerful and compelling that I love her for breaking my heart, fueling my rage, questioning my sense of judgement and making me fall in love with a monster.

Buddy read with Jasmine & Kirsten♥♥

Photo courtesy: http://monal.booklikes.com/post/54362...


No comments

Post a Comment

+up