October 04, 2014

Review: Filthy Beautiful Love by Kendall Ryan



**Warning: this book contains an additively filthy alpha male who will dampen your panties and own your days and nights. Proceed at your own risk.**

Book 2 in the Filthy Beautiful Lies series.

I never expected to watch Sophie walk away. She was mine. I would own her. She just didn’t know it yet. New goal: Seal the deal and rock her world so thoroughly she never wanted to leave again.

Highly sexual and emotionally charged, Filthy Beautiful Love is the provocative conclusion to Filthy Beautiful Lies.











MY REVIEW


Filthy Beautiful Love by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 I didn't expect to cry STARS


Here we are again and dear Sophie still has problems. Fortunately they are not of the monetary nature this time around. Her sister's cancer treatment is well under way and paid for.

Still girlfriend has problems...she happens to be in love with Colton who happens to be married...oh and she still is a virgin. That's got to be a drag at her age. But we'll take care of that in a minute, right? Just has to get back with the beautiful hunk.

”Even without the contract, he owns me, and I’d been foolish to think I could just walk away. I am his.”


What can I say? For the most part the second instalment of Sophie and Colton's story was very predictable and boring. Of course they get together again...*duh* and I don't consider that a spoiler, it's in the damn title. Seriously.

What we get is a sweet love story, a little cheesy and whole lot of vanilla. Maybe my head is all screwed up, but 'filthy'...yeah not so much. I also don't understand how people can label this series as BDSM...I'm judging you!!

I loved how her twin sister Becca plays a bigger role in this one and damn she is the ultimate fangirl. She is shipping Sophie with Colton like no one else. And I have to say the whole Stella (that's the wife/ex-wife) story was a bit pointless and could have been used and explored in another way...I think.

”He is my life line. My savior. The reason I open my eyes and roll out of bed in the morning. He's my everything.”


But I have to say the best and most heartbreaking part starts at about 70%...get some tissues!!!

All in all it is a well written sweet little story, nothing too exciting, but I'm looking forward to see what happens with Pace and Kylie.

That's all...carry on!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up