February 23, 2020

Review: A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux


Title: A Knight in Shining Armor
Author: Jude Deveraux
Series: Montgomery/Taggert #13
Genre: Historical Romance

Abandoned by a cruel fate, lovely Dougless Montgomery lies weeping upon a cold tombstone in an English church. Suddenly, the most extraordinary man appears. It is Nicholas Stafford, Earl of Thornwyck…and according to his tombstone he died in 1564.

Drawn to his side by a bond so sudden and compelling it overshadows reason, Dougless knows that Nicholas is nothing less than a miracle: a man who does not seek to change her, who finds her perfect, fascinating, just as she is. What Dougless never imagined was how strong the chains are that tie them to the past…or the grand adventure that lay before them.

Hailed worldwide as one of the most romantic novels of all time, A Knight in Shining Armor is “a glorious love story that spans centuries, worlds, and souls. It is the epitome of every woman’s fantasy” (Chicago Daily Herald).



Amazon US | Amazon UK





SANDY’S REVIEW

Reading this for the second time after a decade!

description

My taste in books has changed a LOT in the last 10 years, so I've been very sceptical about re-reading this book which I considered to be one of my all-time favorites. To my utter surprise, I still adored and devoured every bit of this book. It made me remember the very reason I fell in love with historical romance scratch that, ROMANCE genre period.

A Knight in Shining Armor is one of those powerful love stories that transcend time, has a gripping storyline and primary characters that will remain with you forever (I can vouch for that!). On the surface, the title and premise may look like another cheesy rom-com that might be a guilty pleasure or annoying for some.

But for me, it's a perfect rendition of true love that bounds the soul.

The story starts with confusion when the 16th-century Earl is unknowingly called forth in time by the 20th-century damsel in distress, this confusion turns into an amusement and soon followed by what I believe to be an EPIC love story! What makes the story even better is the character arc. At the beginning Dougless Montgomery is shown as an insecure person who always seems to please others, letting others walk all over her and never taking a stand. But once she encounters Nicholas Stafford she learns the true meaning of happiness, respect, and unconditional love.

I for one loved how this character grew over the course of the story, the adventure of rewriting the past and living with the most painful consequences made her a stronger person at the end. Usually, with stories like this, a timid heroine needs rescuing but our Douglass despite being overly sensitive and emotionally weak saves the hero and right the wrong that has been done to him, selflessly.

I cried I swooned, I blushed, I laughed and I cried some more!!!

and YES..... I will definitely read this TIMELESS love story again and again and again!!!!

No comments

Post a Comment

+up