November 12, 2014

Review: Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley


While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.

But she doesn’t even know his name.

Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.

This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she’s done.

Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length.

And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.







MY REVIEW


Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75 cookie dough solves every problem STARS


“You’re livin’ in Badass World, baby,” he whispered in my ear. “Fair warning, until I fix what I cut in you, you’re there to stay.”


WHAT A HOT MESS!

There was so much going on, ups and downs and people getting kidnapped and shot at and so many characters. I just LOLed all the time.

If you follow my review you might know that I started my Kristen Ashley experience with the Unfinished Hero series and those books are essentially a two people character study.
That's why Mystery Man was such a complete surprise with all the side characters...and all the drama they brought to the table. Completely new experience and pretty interesting.


“I felt a warm hand on the skin of my lower back.”I twisted my neck, looked up and there he was.I held my breath and he asked, “You comin’ or what?”That was it. That was his pickup line. “You comin’ or what?”I went.”


It all starts out with Gwendolyn Kidd drinking too much, making googly eyes at the hot guy in the bar and eventually taking him home. Cue in super hot night of sex and the next morning mister mystery is gone. Oh well, it happens, right?

Not with this one...turns out he likes to come back for more. He comes back a lot! For a year and a half a few times a week the nameless man comes to Gwen at night...you can imagine the rest.


“You're bossy, arrogant, intrusive, annoying... " His minor grin amplified. See! Totally unrepentant..."Do I have anything going for me?""... you can be sweet, you're a cuddler, and you carried me out of a burning building...""I'm a cuddler?""You spoon."His brows went up. "That's important enough to be on your list?""Uh... yeah."[He's grinning] "Fuckin' ridiculous what women think is important.”


Completely bonkers! Seriously. She doesn't even know how he gets into her house. HOT MESS!!!

Well, long story short...it takes for Gwen to get into some trouble with the local biker gang, thanks to her no good sister...and finally he shows up during the day and shares his name... which is Cabe “Hawk” Delgado btw, and pretty much turns her life upside down. And everything that happens next is just nuts.

I'm giving this book 3.75 stars, simply for being highly entertaining, messy and hilarious in all its fucked-up-ness. Of course the writing is excellent and I like the characters, but wow...what a trip.

All in all a nice read, with lots of alpha-male hotness, naughty shenanigans, drama and action and so many hot guys I couldn't keep count.

“Are you here to freak me out in any other way?"

"Nope."

"This would include asking me for a date," I warned.

"Babe, don't date," he replied.

"You don't?"

"Do tequila shots followed by 5 hours of sex count as a date? he asked.

"Um... no," I answered.

"Then I don't date."
I smiled at him.
Then, stupidly, I asked. "You can have sex for 5 hours?"
He smiled at me.
Yikes.
Moving on.”


My biggest problem, or maybe you can call it the reason why I laughed so hard while reading is....*drum roll*... apparently the heroine has some sort of magnetic pull...I think they call it a golden vagina...literally every male character wanted in her panties. *head desk*

As I said HOT MESS!



**Sorry for the short review. I have ten thousand things to do and I had too much of my friend caffeine and I'm a bit loopy right now...*giggles*

~insert NO REGRETS gif~

No comments

Post a Comment

+up