March 14, 2015

Review: Fracture (Blood & Roses #2) by Callie Hart


Zeth Mayfair is pretty much the very last thing I need in my life. And yet with every breath I take he becomes more engrained in every aspect of it:

He has a key to my house.

He knows where I work.

He dumped his strange, mentally traumatized housemate on my doorstep and has driven off into the sunset in search of my missing sister.

I want to forget him. Want to change the locks and blot out his face, scourge his very name from my memory. The problem is that I also need him. I need him more than I need air to breath, and I can’t be without him now.

He owns me.

He torments me.

He’s fractured me.




Amazon US | Amazon UK






MY REVIEW


Fracture by Callie Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 lucky charm STARS


“You can trust me. You gave yourself to me back at my apartment; I’ve never done it before, but I gave myself in return. I may not have wanted to, Sloane, but I didn’t have a choice. That means we belong to each other now.”


This is going to be as quick as humanly possible. I had very limited reading time the last few days and I just want to get on with this series, find out what happens next and get more one on one reading time with bad boy Zeth. That man has seriously stolen my heart.

He is so deliciously naughty and ruthless. *sigh*

“Zeth’s chest is heaving, too. And he’s wearing that wicked smirk again. Holy fuck, I don’t care if he’s dangerous. I don’t care if he’s an axe murderer. I’m never letting him leave this house.”


So, Fracture pretty much picks up right where we left off with Deviant. Sloane is pressed against a wall and Zeth has his hand down her pants. BOOYAH!


After that, things turn a little more crazy and unpredictable. Zeth is trying to juggle one disaster after the other. His boss Charlie is major trouble and until now he had no clue whatsoever. He is trying to find Alexis, Sloane's sister and just in general Zeth's world is a bit upside down at the moment.

Sloane on the other hand is ignorant to the development at first, until a case at the hospital opens her eyes about Zeth. Naturally, she is pissed for a lot of reasons and then he leaves her with Lacey, his suicidal 'room mate'. Major drama!

But to be perfectly honest, I was just sitting there waiting to get back to the juicy parts.

In the meantime...


“This is what true pleasure feels like. It’s not just the softness of a kiss. It’s not just the delicate touch of hands on breasts and tongues on skin. It’s the bite of pain, the threat of danger, the risk taken in dancing with the devil.”


What can I say? I freaking love this series so far. It has all the things I love. Action, mystery, crime, kick-ass main characters and damn hot kinky scenes on top.

I really appreciated how Ms. Hart broadened the picture here, gave us a few glimpses into the past, answered questions I had burning in my mind and dropped some rather big bombshells in the process. All in all, a great second part in the series.

Give me more!

Also, I swear I'm going to review every single book in this series, even if it is the last thing I will ever do. On to the next one...



No comments

Post a Comment

+up