October 08, 2015

TBT#1 - Review: The Resolution of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen


Hi all! this is Sandy, most of you are aware of the fact that I recently partnered up with Flo to run this blog, and I'm so happy to be a part of blogging community now but before this happened, I have been reviewing books for quite sometime now (20 months to be exact!). So Flo came up with this brilliant idea of posting my old reviews on Throw back Thursdays!! Awesome right?!

Ok, so this week it's going to be my all time favorite new adult series from Jessica Sorensen! Who wrote this immensely emotional, yet breathtakingly beautiful love story of two broken soul finding solace in each other. Callie and Kayden's story has a special place in my heart, even now when I think about their painful journey my eyes wells up, that's how much impact their story had on me.
If you haven't read this series and happen to love an emotional whiplash NA romance, then this book should be your top pick.

Hope you like my short and sweet review. Until next Thursday ~Sandy


Title: The Resolution of Callie & Kayden
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Series: The Coincidence #6
Genre: new adult, romance, college
Things are well for Callie and Kayden. They’re still dealing with their past and the pain connected to it, but for the most part they’ve moved on. The biggest decision they have at the moment is what they want to do with their lives in the future.

Eventually, though, the past catches up with them and they’re left facing tough choices. But Callie and Kayden learn that as long as they have each other, they can make it through just about anything. And in the end, they discover what they really want out of life.


Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


The Resolution of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Is it possible to fall in love with someone even when you’re already in love with them? Because I'm pretty sure I just did.” 

I remember ugly crying in both the book #1 and #2 but in this I sighed, I smiled and I swooned. This story felt short, giving absolute resolution for Callie & Kayden, mostly reliving their journey and bonding with family. Even if this story contained 10 pages I’d still rate it 5 stars, that’s how much I love them. Right for beginning I had this strong connection with them, their gut wrenching emotional torment and heart warming love will forever stay with me.

description

They have come a long way from their past. Callie once was timid and shy has grown to love and accept her new life with Kayden. She’s kind, patience and backbone to their relationship, always the optimist who is healing as well. But Kayden on other hand is still struggling to let go demons of his past, enduring lifelong physical and mental abuse has made him incapable of feeling right kind of emotions. With the help from the loved one’s he’s finally able to have closure and bid goodbye to his abusive father and set his path towards ever glowing future with Callie.

“ There is one person who always gets me through my despair...Callie Lawrence. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me-my ray of sunshine through the rain, the clouds, the storm that hovers over my head. She can make me smile when I'm down, laugh when I'm unhappy. She's the one person who has ever loved me and who I completely and wholly love back in a way I can barely understand sometimes because I honestly thought I could never love anyone like the way I love her.” 

Jessica Sorensen’s writing has always been heartfelt. Even with 170 pages she is able to deliver a great story of love, passion, acceptance and survival. Giving the message that you don’t have to be perfect to love or to be loved by someone, though you are broken, with enough love and trust you will be healed. Even on your bad days with right person beside you to lean on you could find your happiness, your happily after.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up