November 26, 2015

TBT#8 - Review: Breakable by Tammara Webber


This weeks #ThrowbackThrusday includes a special book, The story which won me over with it's simplicity, innocence and EASY love! Yep I'm talking about Tammara Webber's Easy, the book which made me fall in love with romance all over again and the reason I landed on goodreads. But it's in Breakable I fell for Lucas Hard! said from his POV Tammara Webber brings an heartbreaking, enticing story filled with intricate details of a boy who lost everything in his world and finds love and companionship in most unexpected places.


Title: Breakable
Author: Tammara Webber
Series: Contours of the Heart #2
Genre: new adult, romance

He was lost and alone. Then he found her. And the future seemed more fragile than ever.

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






Breakable by Tammara Webber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is it just me, or is Landon Maxfield OMFG HOT this year??? Holy. HELL.

description

Looks can be so deceiving! Gone are the days where I thought Lucas is sweet, innocent and quiet guy but turns out he’s a total BADASS!! Do I still love him?? Heck yaaaa :D. I’ve fallen in love with Landon Lucas Maxfield all over again.

I don’t know why I see people complaining “It’s boring” (Duh! You already knew the story when you picked this one) yes! it was lengthy, yes! It was less of Jacqueline but for me it was knowing Lucas in a whole new level. Breakable is the story drifting between Lucas and Landon.

Landon had a happy childhood with loving parents and an aspiring future, can’t neglect the fact he was witty too.

“Minor in the room. Right here. On the sofa. Having his innocence corrupted by his own parents.” 

But everything changed when he lost his mother, unable to cope up with the grief his dad along with him moves in with his grandfather into a different town, that’s when Landon saw the darker phase in his life. His relationship with his dad changed, they never spoke about anything not even their sorrow about losing the only woman they truly loved. His only memory of high school is skipping classes, low grades, fights, partying, tattoos, detached hook-ups, drugs, ache of losing his grandfather, his dad’s silence and the hopelessness. Until he was given an opportunity to change his course of life to become a better person his mother wanted him to, that’s when Lucas came into existence.

I was so captured in Landon’s mind that I was not anticipating Lucas and Jacqueline’s story. Most interesting part was his unexpected friendship with the bully of the school Boyce and his first love and almost first girlfriend Melody.

Lucas is hardworking , responsible and very focused in achieving what he wants, all he ever does is either study or work between the jobs but he never left his past behind nor relieved of the pain and guilt. He never came in terms to loving anyone until his frozen heart and soul was thawed by Jacqueline Wallace. He was drawn to her for weeks but kept his distance until the night he became her protector.

“I was still just as breakable as everyone else- the girl in my arms included. But I could hope. And I could love. And maybe, I could heal.” 

Lucas and Jacqueline’s love story is nothing like what we hear or see. There were no long chats, no phone calls or dates but the trust in one another and undeniable attraction between the two.

Now I know why Tammara webber is in my favorite author’s list, her stories are beautifully written, simple yet enticing , The way she writes her characters elaborating every details doing complete justice to them, one’s you will remember for a very long time. I love the way she signs off the epilogue with a strong note that always makes me feel happy.

“Then came Jacqueline. This love. This healing. This new reality where before and after were no longer divided by a solitary rift. Where every moment was a tangible memory and a promise of what was to come. Every moment was a before and an after. Every moment was a now to be lived -and I would savour every one, beginning this second, with the girl in my arms.” 

P.S: Additional star as there were lot of love making scene which were not there in Easy. Love not sex scenes because that’s how beautifully it is presented.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up