March 20, 2016

Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan


Title: Archer's Voice
Author: Mia Sheridan
Series: none
Genre: contemporary romance
A New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling book. Archer's Voice is a full-length, standalone romance.

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STANDALONE SIGN OF LOVE NOVEL, INSPIRED BY SAGITTARIUS. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






FLO'S REVIEW


Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 **I lost my heart to you.** STARS



“Someday … when we're old and gray, I'm going to look at you lying in bed beside me, just like this, and I'm going to look into your eyes and know that it's only ever been you. And that is going to be the great joy of my life.”


Thank you to my blogging partner in crime Sandy. She has been bugging me for ages to discover Mia Sheridan's books and Archer's Voice in particular. And what a success it has been. Hit me right in the feels. Beautifully written, wonderful characters and an incredibly moving love story. Really a special little gem.


“I didn’t know enough to dream you, Bree, but somehow you came true anyway. How did that happen?” He rubbed his nose along mine, pausing and then pulling back again. “Who read my mind and knew exactly what I wanted, even when I didn’t?”


Bree Prescott is looking for peace and a way to deal with a very traumatic experience and she finds herself in a small town in Maine. A fateful place for her and just like magic a lot of things suddenly fall into place. A sweet rental house, a lovely next door neighbour who helps her find a job and most importantly Archer Hale. The man without a voice and lots of secrets, she quite literally runs into. They have an instant connection and since Bree has a hard time staying away from him - a beautiful friendship develops.

Both characters need each other in some way or another. Archer has lead a very isolated life, hiding himself from the world and Bree functions as a catalyst to pull him out of his shell, giving him hope. In return Archer is the safety and peace Bree so desperately needs. And together they create magic. Very corny way of putting it, but it is kind of true.


“I think love is a concept, and each person has an individual word for what sums it up for them. My word for love is Bree.”


The best part about this book? ARCHER HALE!

Oh my god. What a character. So vulnerable and strong all at the same time. He is damaged by his past both physically and emotionally. But still he is the most honest, caring and resilient person I have ever met in written form. Simply beautiful. All the surrounding characters are very well written and Bree is his perfect counterpart, but Archer absolutely makes this book what it is.

Bottom line...GO READ!! This book is worth a try. It showcases all I've grown to love about Ms. Sheridan's books. A feel good read, a carefully constructed and slowly paced romance with a lot of heart, emotion and the occasional heartbreak.


No comments

Post a Comment

+up