April 28, 2016

TBT #30 - Review: His (Dark Romance #1) by Aubrey Dark


★TBT #30★
On this weeks #ThowbackThrusday we have HIS by Aubrey Dark. My first from this author and I enjoyed it! Writing was spectacular and fast paced plus a serial killer with a kinky side? who can resist that?!


Title: His
Author: Aubrey Dark
Series: Dark Romance #1
Genre: dark, romance

I never meant to be here: tied up in bed next to a serial killer.

When I followed him home, I was just playing Nancy Drew. Trying to find out his secret. His kiss was intoxicating, and I thought he was harmless.

I was wrong.

Nancy Drew never ended up in a basement, handcuffed to a radiator, teased to the edge of insanity, begging to be let go.

Soon, I stopped begging to be let go.

Soon, I started begging to be his.



Amazon US | Amazon UK






SANDY’S REVIEW


"3.5 cutie stars"

THE STORY

Kat works as a librarian, leads a boring life. She’s too shy to ask anyone out, she doesn’t date, doesn’t party and her sex life is a concept of worry to her colleague/friend Jules. So when Jules dares her to kiss the first cute guy who walks into library. That’s when she meets Gavriel, a total hottie. Kat seems to be totally charmed by him and kisses him. Sparks fly, her libido awakens but when she asks him out he rejects her bluntly. What Kat doesn’t know is, Gav is not an ordinary guy to often visit library for his love towards books but he’s there to target his next victim, he’s planning ways to abduct him, torture him, scar him and KILL HIM.

So when Kat sees Gav again she follows him to his house to return the paper containing important phone numbers which was accidentally fallen off during his last visit, mostly she follows him so that she could relive their kiss. Little did she know the prince charming she’s chasing, turns out of be a SERIAL KILLER.

Gav captures and ties her down for witnessing him kill, even when his dark shadows ugres him to kill her, he can’t seem to do it. He has never taken a innocent life that’s when he decides to take her as a captive to keep his identity safe. Gav has never felt any kind of emotion except the pleasure while killing, all that changes while living with Kat.

Kat too has her own demons but someone she drives his away and he brings her alive, helps her bury them but can he keep her forever locked against her wishes or will she be a victim of his mind games?

BRUTAL HONESTY

What I expected…
description

What I got!!



That’s how I felt about Gav, not a monster in my eyes but a cute gentlemanly captor. Heights of sugar-coating a psychopath I suppose. Most of the time I forgot he was a serial killer since he was busy playing house with Kat aka Kitten!!

The biggest flaws of this story

#1. Did she actually follow a complete stranger to a remote mountain in a abandoned place to give a paper???? And she kept saying ‘oh he lives in a remote place maybe he’s a special agent!! Seriously??!! Nancy Drew my ass.

#2. Fabio!! Really??? Way to ruin Gav’s image. I had to watch Hugh Jackman’s movie while reading just to block out that image.

#3. Poor manipulative mind control, I for one didn’t feel it. Also the ending left a major unanswered question (view spoiler)

FINAL VERDICT

Even with so many flaws I still enjoyed this read. Writing was spectacular, fast paced. Though there’s little bit of a drag in the middle portion, the last few chapters covered for it. Kat even with a stupid sense of judgement came across as funny, strong and lovable character, somehow I couldn’t connect with Gav. Typical storyline, but won’t disappoint you if you jump in without expecting it to be extreme dark and twisted.

No comments

Post a Comment

+up